"Carved Gecko Gourd"
with Gloria Crane
44.95 Now Just $19.99!
This is one of Gloria's most popular classes, and you can see why! There are so many great techniques brought together to create a truly unique and fun piece of gourd art.
"Great class packed with sooo much good information. I can't wait to get started on the Gecko Gourd now.. Good Job to all of you at Welburns and special thanks to Gloria." - Christine M. Garrison (San Bernardino, CA)- Christine M. Garrison (San Bernardino, CA)
This is loaded with valuable information and techniques, including:
• Easy design pattern placement, and wood burning tips
• Gloria's trick for coloring the gecko to achieve the "blended but separate" effect with her color
• How and when to use different size ball burrs for carving the detail of the gecko image
• How to create a whole new look using a stipple carving technique
• How to design and carve perfect waves in your gourd, including valuable tips on which burrs and sanding tools to use to use
• How to use different sanders to hand finish your waves for a polished professional look
• How to paint your carved waves for a seamless, flawless finish including shading for a more realistic 3D look
• What to use to paint and seal the inside of your gourd in one easy step
• How to use an easy, two step patina including creating your custom colored patina finish
• An incredibly easy way to get a professional looking rim on your gourd
• And much more!
"Really enjoyed this class, can hardly wait till the next one."- Becky Engstrom (Enumclaw, WA)